Check the packaging for the following:
- Lumens: How bright is the bulb?Lumens: How bright is the bulb?The brightness of a bulb, or how much of light output it produces, is measured in Lumens. Most people think brightness is measured by watts, but wattage is actually only a measure of the amount of energy consumed.
- Color: Is the light from the bulb a warm 2700K or a cool 4000K?Color: Is the light from the bulb a warm 2700K or a cool 4000K?Color appearance, also known as Correlated Color Temperature (CCT), is a measure of how warm or cool a light source appears to the human eye. It is measured in degrees Kelvin. The majority of light sources have a Kelvin temperature within the range of 2700K to 6500K.
COLOUR TEMPERATURE WARM WHITE SOFT WHITE NEUTRAL COOL SOFT DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT KELVIN 2700K 3000K 3500K 4100K 5000K 6500K MOOD & EFFECTS WELCOMING, SMOOTH, RELAXED WARM, PLEASING LIGHT INVITING, NON-THREATENING RADIANT, CLEAN, STIMULATING BRIGHT, ALERT BRIGHT, COOL APPLICATION HOMES, LIBRARIES, RESTAURANTS HOMES, HOTEL ROOMS, LOBBIES SUPERMARKETS, PUBLIC RECEPTION AREAS OFFICES, CLASSROOMS, SHOWROOMS HOSPITALS, GRAPHICS INDUSTRY PRINTING, WAREHOUSE
- CRI: Does the bulb render colors beautifully? 80+ is good, 90+ is great!CRI: Does the bulb render colors beautifully? 80+ is good, 90+ is great!The Colour Rendering Index (or CRI) measures how well a light source renders colour. Meaning, how much a light enhances or distorts the true colour of an object. CRI is a scale of zero to 100. The lower the CRI number, the more distorted a colour will look under that light source. A higher CRI number means an object will appear closer to its natural colour.
Good CRI 80+
Great CRI 90+
- Dimmable: Can I use the bulb with a dimmer switch? What type of dimmer is compatible?Dimmable: Can I use the bulb with a dimmer switch? What type of dimmer is compatible?Dimmers come in several types. You may have a dimmer that is not compatible with your particular LED bulb. If you know the type of dimmer that you have (manufacturer and model), check the dimmer manufacturer's website or bulb manufacturer's website for a list of compatible LED bulb types.
* The product selection and availability may vary by store.